
This morning, I was watching the Today show while eating my bowl of cereal. They were talking about hit products of the 80s and the push to bring them back and what changes would need to be made. They mentioned Underoos! For those of you who are too young to remember or who are otherwise unfamiliar with Underoos, let me explain- they were awesome! They were underwear, a tank top and a superhero or movie character all in one! They came in a package that, when wrapped, resembled a calendar. You could get Supergirl, Superman, Barbie, Wonder Woman and a host of others. I remember the Christmas I got my Underoos- I got C3PO. Now, I have never been a huge fan of Star Wars movies (in fact, back in the day, a boy took me to see one of the movies in the theater and I fell asleep right as they were about to blow up the Death Star. Needless to say, he did not take me out again and married the next girl he went out with.) However, everyone who was anyone in 1984 or so had Underoos and I swear that when I wore them, I could speak 3,000 languages (or however many the real C3PO can speak).
So, here's to childhood memories of superhero underwear! What other fun 80s things should be brought back?
No comments:
Post a Comment