Thursday, May 8, 2008

Single And Sick

Okay, so here's the deal....for the most part, I really have no problem with being single. I mean sure, I have my days where I think it would be nice to be married, but really, I am okay and decidedly not bitter. But, I have decided that there is one crappy thing to being single- being single and sick! There's no one to make me chicken soup or tuck me in bed and keep bringing me juice. There's no one to do my dishes for me (btw- it's probably a good thing I can't smell because until tonight, I hadn't done dishes since Sunday and so I'm sure they smelled). There's no one to run to the store and get me medicine and more juice when I run out. So, I have to do all of that stuff myself and it is no fun- I would rather just lay on the couch and watch Hannah Montana or whatever other pointless drivel is on television while I get better.

So, for those of you who have someone who takes care of you when you are sick and feeling yucky, make sure to thank them or to give them a big kiss. If you have someone who is sick, take care of them! If you have someone who is sick and you aren't taking good care of them, shame on you. If you are sick and no one is taking care of you- give them a gentle reminder.

Now if you will excuse me, I took some nighttime cold medicine a little while ago and it has taken effect and I am exceedingly tired and falling asleep. Night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

even when some of us are married, we still are basically single when it comes to being sick. i hope you get better.

Isaac or Jennylyn said...

I think you make me want to be sick. So people can do all that stuff to me.

I hope you get feeling better.

Isaac or Jennylyn said...

Uh that last comment was from Isaac Hardman

Karianne said...

I would have to agree with Wendy. Most women I know still have to do everything themselves when they are sick. Occasionally Brody will go buy me some Gaterade when I'm down and out, but all that stuff about bringing you chicken soup and doing dishes is your very active imagination.