Sunday, May 4, 2008

Part 2 of 2: Clay Pigeon Shooting


This is my bruise on my upper arm- my first clay pigeon shooting battle scar. It looks a lot worse in person than in this picture. So, this is the story of how I ended up with said buise.

After I got back from Women's Conference yesterday, I had a bridal shower to attend. A good friend is getting married next week and her shower was in Richmond. So, I went out to that for a while. After that was over, I decided to pop over and see my cute, fun, very pregnant cousin Leisa. She lives right through the block from where I already was. Well, I got over there and her husband's family, the Wallaces, we all there. They were having a post-USU graduation bbq for one of his sisters. I have met most of his family before and played with some of them on an occasion or two. He was a sister, Ann Marie, who is my same age and she is super fun. So, I visited with everyone there for a while and then Ann and Wade (a little brother) were leaving to go clay pigeon shooting before she had to go back to Salt Lake. Ann invited me to go with. So, we drove out to Cornish and got the stuff and then went up the road to the Utah/Idaho border to shoot on their friend's property. It was really fun! I had never shot a shotgun before- I used Wade's 12-gauge. Of course, I missed everyone and after 10 rounds, had to stop because my arm hurt really badly. They use a manual thrower and I tried that too and was horrible- I need to learn the flicking wrist motion. We stayed out there for about an hour. I told Wade and Ann they could feel free to make fun of me after I left, but Wade said I just needed to keep going out there so I could get better. So, that is a new thing for my list- get good at clay pigeon shooting. I might even learn how to shoot right handed- I think I might have better luck that way.

It was a great time! I had a lot of fun- thanks Wade and Ann. I am definitely up for it again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is the bruise from where you were holding the shotgun?

Anonymous said...

yes- I figured it was going to do that, but I was surprised how quickly it bruised- it was like that by 9:30 that night and we had shot until 5:30.

Anonymous said...

That bruise looks so sore. It sounds like you, Your mom and Heather had a great time at womens conference. I'm jealous and can't wait to see you all.

Erin L said...

Wow, I feelt cool The first time I went I shot 3 out of 6.

Karianne said...

I am horrible at any kind of gun shooting. I anticipate the recoil too much and end up shooting into the ground. I shot JD's shotgun a few times, and I don't know how many I hit. Maybe one or two in my life.