
I went home this weekend for no other reason than the fact that I could. I had worked 14 hours on Thursday and was at 40 for the week, so I decided to take off and head for parts north. It was a great time- Erin and Ana were there and we went to Idaho Falls and played with Karianne and her kids and fabric shopped and ate pizza and I learned how to play Mario Kart on the Wii (which, btw, I am way, way better at than regular Mario Kart). I mowed the lawn on Friday night (I love doing that) and lazed around the house mostly on Saturday.
What I did do this weekend was watch too many chick flicks. My family has always been into old movies. The first movie we ever recorded when we bought our first vcr back in about 1984 was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, a family favorite to this day. We have a lot more old movies in our collection than new ones. Heather is really into Hayley Mills movies and we got Mom a bunch more Doris Day movies for Mothers Day. This weekend was a little about Hayley Mills and a little about Sandra Dee, with a splash of Reese Witherspoon thrown in for good measure.
Heather, Mom and I watched "Tammy and the Doctor" and "Tammy Tell Me True". The original Tammy movie, "Tammy and the Bachelor" had Debbie Reynolds in it but she didn't do the last two movies. I really liked those movies- there are some highly quotable things in both movies. I think my favorite line from either one was when Tammy is talking about how excited she is about something and she says "I'm nigh on to dissolving my substance". We also watched "Just Like Heaven" (also quotable: "I'm 99.9% parched. I could really use a cola.") and then on Sunday, before I left to come back to Logan, I watched "The Moonspinners".
As much as I love those movies, here's the problem with them....they make me want to swoon and go on a vacation by myself to some foreign county where I can have a short-lived romance with a handsome stranger (English speaking is optional) and write about it in my journal that no one will read about until after I have died. Then I look at my life and think that it is so boring I need to do something to change it up.
So, I have decided that I need to put a cap on how many chick flicks I can watch in a weekend- I'm thinking 2 is a good number.
1 comment:
Can you really ever watch too many chick flicks? Actually, I somewhat agree with you. I sometimes watch those movies and realize how unromantic my life has become. That heart-fluttering, swooning stuff doesn't last long, and then you have to ask, "what next?"
Post a Comment